Asheville's spring season offers mild temperatures, blooming mountain flora and fauna, and all of the cultural and area activities you'd expect
in the Asheville area without the added bustle of the summertime rush. Hiking adventures lead to soft spring breezes and budding green on the trees and blooming native wildflowers. You can even check ExploreAsheville.com's bloom schedule to see the variety of wildflowers that will likely be in bloom during your time in the area.
Things to do in Asheville in spring
- The Biltmore House is one of Asheville's primary attractions. Springtime is an especially beautiful time to visit the Biltmore Estate during Biltmore Blooms, a budding gardener's paradise that runs from March through may and features over 130,000 flowers. Check-in with the bloom schedule to see what variety of flower will likely be blooming during your visit.The North Carolina Arboretum also offers beautiful gardens during this time of year. the annual
- Springtime is when whitewater rafting and ziplining comes out from its winter hibernation, beginning in March. Generally you'll begin to see some warmer days in mid to late March and early April, but either way, rafting companies provide rafting participants with wetsuits so that you can enjoy the whitewater trips even if temperatures are colder during the day of your visit.
- Festivals begin to come back in full force during the springtime. Some popular spring festivals include Asheville Orchid Festival, the Herb Festival, Mountain Sports Festival, LEAF Festival, Montford Music & Arts Festival, River Arts District Studio Stroll, Asheville Beer Week and Festival and more!
- With spring arrival comes great birdwatching opportunities on area hikes. Asheville has over 200 varieties of birds that live in the area year-round -- including Bald Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, Great Blue Herons, and Pileated Woodpeckers.
- Combine one of Asheville's tours with your outings to downtown Asheville. Grayline Trolley Tours offer a great historic tour of the city. You can also take advantage of a variety of beer and brewing tours.
View a full list of area events to experience the culture of Asheville in the spring.