Asheville is a pet friendly city! Some shops and popular spots welcome dogs and some even welcome cats. At Greybeard Rentals we understand that for many vacationers, having the option to bring the family dog along with you on your vacation is very important. That's why we offer over 60 pet friendly vacation rentals so you can have your furry friend by your side. If you're planning to see the sights in Asheville or Black Mountain, you may be planning to let your dog play at a local dog care center or bring them along. There are plenty of ways to spoil your dog or let them explore with you. Here are some.
Pet Friendly Activities in Asheville and Black Mountain
- If you're headed to downtown Asheville, Carrier Park and French Broad River Park is an excellent place for a run or walk along the French Broad River in between activities. If you are in Black Mountain, Lake Tomahawk, located a few minutes from downtown, is great for a walk around the lake. If you and your pet like to live on the adventurous side, you can always pick out a hike or trail run from our recommended hiking page.
- Looking for some special treats or toys for your pup? Asheville's Three Dog Bakery has some great options, or if you're in Black Mountain, a quick walk downtown will take you to Bone-A-Fide Pet Boutique.
- Many Asheville restaurants offer outdoor seating so that you can bring your dog. For brewery options, try Pisgah Brewing Company, Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company, Highland Brewing, The Wedge Brewing Company, or Wicked Weed Brewing. Many others are pet friendly too! For restaurants, try Sunny Point Cafe, Biscuit Head, and White Duck Taco Shop. More info on area restaurants is available here.
- In terms of activities, dogs are welcome to join their humans on the Biltmore Estate grounds and gardens as well as at the outdoor seating for some of the restaurants in the Antler Hill Village on the Biltmore grounds. Many of the art galleries of the River Arts District allow dogs on a leash to admire art alongside you. Finish out a day on the town at the Battery Park Book Exchange and Champagne Bar which is a used bookstore in the heart of downtown Asheville that also serves wine, champagne and dessert. Dogs are welcome throughout the shop or outside.
- Take a historic trolley tour of Asheville and bring the dog along! Grayline Trolley Tours allows dogs and you can purchase tickets through Greybeard!