Home to the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games, The Tryon International Equestrian Center is located about 50 miles south of both Asheville and Black Mountain. The Center can be reached from most locations in Asheville and Black Mountain in less than an hour so you can enjoy the best that the Asheville area has to offer and still frequent the center for equestrian-related events.
Tryon International Equestrian Center is open year-round. One of the great perks of visits to the center is that it is very spectator-friendly -- all horse shows are free and open to the public and parking is also complimentary.
Events and activities at the Tryon Equestrian Center include:
- Saturday Night Lights is a free Grand Prix equestrian event where visitors can enjoy live music, food and competitive show jumping on select Saturday evenings. Oh, and you can surprise the kids (and kids at heart) with a complimentary carousel ride. For more info, click here.
- Enjoy festivals and concerts during non-competition weeks
- Shop at stores with top equestrian brands including products such as riding apparel, fine art, jewelry and toys.
- Competition weeks frequently include free ice cream socials and family events
- Hunter/jumper, vaulting, eventing, dressage, endurance, reining, hobby horsing events
Dining options are plentiful at the center. There is the 50-s inspired Roger's Diner which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, including burgers, patty melts, and milkshakes. Legends Grille is always a great option or you can enjoy sushi at Blue Ginger Sushi & Noodles.
Tryon Equestrian Center Lodging Options
Greybeard Rentals has homes that are located within easy proximity of the Equestrian Center. Please see below for more info.
Log Cabin at Stonecrest and Lake Lure rentals are located within an easy 20-minute drive of the Equestrian Center. Some easier access Black Mountain homes include homes off of Route 9 such as Woodhaven, Paradise on Cliffledge, High Rock Acres Rentals, Creston Rentals - most are within an hour or less. From Asheville, Middleton Place, Cane Creek Farmhouse of Asheville, Sugar Hollow are an easy 45-50 minute drive to the Center. Gateway Mountain Rentals, Annie's Cabin, Russell's Reserve, Celia's Retreat and Celia's Cottage are just under an hour drive.
Other homes in Black Mountain, Asheville, Old Fort, and Marion tend to be around an hour to an hour and a half away from the Equestrian Center, offering a manageable drive for most.