9 Aug 2019
One of the most anticipated new festivals coming to Asheville this September is the Chow Chow Asheville Food Festival. September 12-15, Chow Chow will bring together Asheville area farmers, brewers, chefs, artists, and more to showcase Asheville’s creative and expansive culinary scene with a variety of events throughout the weekend. “From nationally recognized chefs to multi-generational farmers to millers, bakers, potters, weavers, and brewers, Chow Chow shines a light on the ancient creative spirit of the region that continues to make the Blue Ridge Mountains a delicious place to taste, to see, to explore and to experience through immersive culinary experiences.”
The 3-day festival will take place in downtown Asheville, with many of the events taking place at Pack Square. There are numerous free and ticketed events taking place, including demonstrations from chefs and artisans, wine and beer tastings, community yoga, and live music.
Mountain Top Soiree: Opening Party Presented by What Chefs Want at Highland Brewing Company
- Pop-up food hall taking over Highland’s event space and scenic rooftop bar. Cost is $130 per person. Purchase your tickets here.
- When: Thursday, September 12 from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Food Truck Rodeo at Pack Square Park
- Sample food from the area’s best food trucks, which will be parked in front of the Asheville Art Museum.
- When: Friday, September 13- Sunday, September 15 from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Makers Market Open at Pack Square Park
- Shop from local artisans, selling everything from cutting boards, dishes, glasses, and spices.
- When: Friday, September 13- Sunday, September 15 from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pickled in the Park Grand Tasting at Pack Square Park
- Watch demonstrations from area chefs and enjoy live music. From BBQ to handcrafted cocktails, sample food and drinks from more than 50 feature makers. Tastings are free and included in your ticket price. Cost is $125 per person. Tickets can be purchased here.
- When: Friday, September 13- Sunday, September 15 from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Chow Time Closing Party at Salvage Station
- Close out the festival with a full belly and full heart. Enjoy BBQ or fried chicken and a variety of southern sides. Cocktails, beer, and wine will also be served. Live music from a top local music act. Cost is $100 per person. Purchase tickets here.
- When: Sunday, September 15 from 5:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
There will also be numerous hands-on workshops and seminars throughout the weekend, led by some of Asheville’s best chefs and makers. Sit in on these experiences, such as The Life of an Apple Pie, Rolling in the Biscuit Dough, Behind the Bean: From Cacao to Chocolate, and Toast the Town: Walking Tour and Cocktail House. Prices range from $15 to $75 per ticket.
Festival attendees must be 21 years old or older. Children and pets are not allowed at any of the festival events.
Ready to sample and savor the flavors of Asheville? Check out these Greybeard Rentals within 10 minutes of Downtown Asheville and reserve your food getaway: