24 Jan 2022
Asheville, how do we love thee? Let us count the ways. Known as a mecca for romance, adventure, creativity, and cuisine, stepping into Asheville is like stepping into your own Rom-Com: #maincharacterenergy. From calming yoga with baby goats to crafty classes to competitive 5Ks to partying in cozy onesies with your closest friends-Asheville has a little something for everyone to enjoy this Valentine’s Day.
For the Foodies & Alcohol Aficionados:
Ready to be whisked off your feet and engage in some libation appreciation? Below you’ll find everything from cooking classes to date night boxes to bar crawls and everything in between:
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Decorating Class. Fri, February 11, 2022, 6:00 PM-12 Bones Brewing has partnered with Three Eggs Cakery to bring a Valentine's Day-themed cookie decorating class! An instructor will walk you through the process step by step and provide all the tools needed to decorate half a dozen of your very own Valentine’s Day cookies-aka the prettiest sweet treats this side of Asheville. There will also be delicious craft beer & BBQ to enjoy as well! Tickets are $20. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- A Very Cheesy Valentine: Charcuterie Workshop. Tue, Feb 15, 2022, 6:30 PM-Catawba Brewing (South Slope) has partnered with AVL Charcuterie Co. for a Charcuterie Board Making Class! Grab a beer and head to the private back room where you'll learn the process step by step on how to create a gorgeous charcuterie board that’s sure to impress friends and family. Board includes 3 types of meat, 3 kinds of cheese, fruits, and desserts. Eat your board after the class, or take it home to share! Tickets are $65 per board. A maximum of 2 people are allowed to create one board together. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- Indian Cooking Class at Asheville Mountain Kitchen. Sat, Feb 12, 2022, 4:00 PM-Come explore the unique flavors of Indian cuisine and learn about the native spices and their therapeutic qualities. The instructor will take you through all the steps to make butter chicken and eggplant & Palak paneer. At the end of the class, enjoy the delicious meal you’ve created together! Single tickets are $85, and tickets for two are $160. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- The 5th Annual Onesie Bar Crawl. Sat, Feb 12, 2022, 4:00 PM-Join the coziest bar crawl around this Valentine’s Day weekend. This event is perfect for those interested in celebrating with a big group of friends. Dress in your finest onesie to enjoy 2 complimentary drinks or shots, a custom badge & lanyard, exclusive food & drink specials, waved cover at all 5 venues, and a totally awesome after-party! Tickets are $10-15. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- Valentine's Day Dinner at Montford Rooftop Bar. Monday, Feb. 14, 2022 at 5:00 PM. Celebrate Valentine's Day with a 3-course Prix Fixe Dinner or 5-course Tasting Dinner in a safe, socially-distanced environment. Enjoy the sunset during your meal, add a wine pairing for an additional cost, or enjoy access to their full beer, wine & cocktail menu that's available. Find additional information and make your reservation here.
- Asheville Detour’s Date Night at Home Box. This specially-curated “Date Night at Home” box is a
perfect way to have a unique and romantic night in. For $35, you’ll get a make your own chocolate-dipped strawberries kit (with Freeze-dried strawberries and melting morsels from Asheville chocolate), a romantic scavenger hunt activity, massage oil from C&Co Naturals, “Be my Valentine” tea from Cornerstone Tea (tea bags also included), a Candle from Elder & Co, handmade decorative matches, and access to a “Night at Home” Spotify playlist featuring all local Asheville artists. This is perfect for the couple that loves staying in and being cozy.
For the Ones Who Love to Party:
- Asheville Fairytale Ball. Sat, Feb 12, 2022, 10:00 AM-4:30PM. Hosted by Pretty Princess Parties at the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts in Asheville, this family-friendly celebration will allow you to join all the princesses for stories, songs, dances, and a magical meet & greet! From photo ops to an enchanting princess parade to pixie wish crafts, magic awaits for princesses of every age. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- Singles Valentine's Day Party. Happening online Sun. Feb. 13, 2022 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM and Mon. Feb. 14, 2022 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, this fun, completely virtual event is perfect for those who might be spending Valentine's Day alone this year. Embrace single life by playing games, having great conversations, and meeting new people! Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- You need to CALM DOWN Dance Party. Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022, 9:00 PM. Hosted at the Asheville Music Hall in the heart of downtown, this Taylor Swift-themed Dance Party is perfect for the Swifties who love to Shimmy. Dress in the bright colors and bling that characterized the music video, and dance the night away! Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
For the Art Lovers & Creative Types:
- Be My Valentine: Date Night Pinch Pot. Saturday, Feb. 12, 2022 from 6:00-8:30 PM. Hosted by the Cold Mountain Art Collective in Canton, this class will allow you to grab your significant other and enjoy a creative night out making your very own pinch pots! During this workshop, you will each receive a ball of clay and be instructed on how to craft it into a planter, whiskey cup, or wine tumbler-the choice is yours. Once finished, you will have your choice of clear or white glaze which the house will apply after it has been fired, and you will receive an email when your artwork is ready to be picked up. Find additional information and reserve your spot here.
- Introduction to Copper Metal Clay. Sat. Feb. 12, 11-4:00 PM. Hosted by Mars Landing Galleries in Mars Hill, this live and semi-private workshop will teach basic skills in copper metal clay, and at the end of the workshop, you will have a beautiful heart project to take home with you! Find additional information and reserve your spot here.
- Crafting Kudzu Baskets. Saturday, Feb. 19, 2022 from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM. Hosted by the Swannanoa Valley Museum at the Black Mountain Public Library, this workshop, led by master basket maker Nancy Basket, will show participants how to weave free-form kudzu baskets. The sight of kudzu growing over trees and hillsides is a familiar sight in Southern Appalachia and the South, and though this plant has a less-than-desirable reputation, its vines provide the perfect material for basket making. At the end of this workshop, participants will walk away with their own kudzu basket! Find additional information and reserve your spot here.
- Painting With a Twist. Friday, Feb. 11-Monday, Feb. 14 (various times). Providing one of the most accessible and fun dates around, Painting with a Twist is the best because no creative or artistic skills are needed, and you can enjoy a glass of wine and your favorite snacks while you do it! Valentine’s Day Weekend has a number of painting options to choose from ranging from a Couples Portrait in the Pop Art Style to a Van Gogh Forest to a Yin and Yang Koi Set, so you can enjoy it with a romantic partner, a best friend, or family. Find additional information, and book your painting session here.
- Candle Making Experience at Hummingbird Candle Co. Are you ready to get lit this Valentine's Day? Indulge your curiosity and senses as you explore over 30 scents in Hummingbird Candle's library. Carve out time for self care and fun, and impress your friends at their Selfie Worthy, Crazy Fun, BYOB, Candle Making Experiences. You can opt for their regular class and leave with your own custom 80hr burning candle, or you can opt for their special Valentine's Day Celebration with your partner. The Valentine experience includes two 9oz coconut wax candles, complimentary signature cocktails of champagne and Durham-based Wonderpuff cotton candy wonderbombs, and chocolate covered strawberries. Whichever experience you choose, you're sure to leave with memories to last a lifetime! Find additional information and reserve your spot here.
- Biltmore’s Legends of Art & Innovation: Van Gogh Alive. Now - March 5, 2022. Perfect for the creative types and art appreciators, this immersive experience is a powerful and vibrant symphony of light, color, sound, and scent that compels you to leave the world behind and submerge yourself into the world encapsulated in Vincent Van Gogh’s paintings. After going on an enchanting and educational journey through Van Gogh’s work, be sure to tour the iconic Biltmore Estate, sample wine at Antler Hill Village & Winery, and stroll through the conservatory to see the Estate’s orchid collection in its prime! Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
For the Ones Who Are Always Active:
- 22nd Annual Valentine 5K & Kids Fun Run. Feb. 12, 2022 9:30 AM. The 22nd Annual Valentine Run 5K will begin at the beautiful Lake Tomahawk Park in Black Mountain and cross through two of the town’s Greenways. The course offers several challenging hills and ample flats to gain ground and time, and the final 1/2 mile follows the gravel path around the lake and finishes at the Lakeview Center. You can enter as a two-person team or go solo. All participants, whether entered as an individual or on a team, are included in the Overall and Age Group awards. While the 5K is a great way to kick off Valentine’s Day week with your sweetheart, a family member, or close friend, the best part is that 50% of all registration fees will be donated back to the Black Mountain Home for Children, Youth, and Families. Find additional information and register for the event here.
- Valentine's Baby Goat Yoga. Saturday, Feb. 12, 2022 12:00 PM. Whether you’re an experienced yogi, new to yoga, or just need some baby goats in your life, the Goat Yoga classes at Franny's Farm in Leicester are a fun, interactive yoga experience to physically, mentally, and spiritually connect with goats. Comfortable clothing and shoes (that you are okay with getting dirty) are a must, and sleeved shirts are recommended. Find additional information and reserve your spot here. Namaaaaste!
For the Dog Lovers:
- Wagbar Singles Night. Saturday, Feb. 12 from 5:00-8:00 PM. Want to meet some new people in Asheville who also love dogs? Wagbar’s Singles Mixer is just the ticket. While no dogs are necessary to attend, it's certainly more fun with them. If you choose to bring your pup, please keep in mind that dogs 6 mo. + must have proof of vaccinations (bordatella, rabies, distemper) & must be spayed/neutered. There will be ice breaker games, great music, food and drink specials, and at the end of the night, you can jot down the names of people you’d like to see again. If you match, they’ll send you an email within 24 hours with each other’s contact info! Earlier in the month on Thursday, Feb. 3, 2022 Wagbar will also be hosting a Doggie Date Night from 5:00- 8:00 PM where you can set aside an evening just for you and your beloved dog that includes drink specials,1/2 price dog beer, and special dog treats. Find additional info for both events here.
- 2nd Annual Furr-Ever Valentine Event- February 12th & 13th from 2-8:00 PM. Hosted by Ginger's Revenge Craft Brewery & Tasting Room, during this two-day event you’ll have the opportunity to get a family portrait done with you and your pups! Suggested donations are $10 or $15 depending on the package, and all donations will be going to Asheville Humane Society to support the wonderful work they do in the community. Find additional information here.
- 1st Annual Puppy Bowl & Adoption Event. Sunday, Feb. 13, 2022 from 12:00-3:00 PM. Touch down at Down Dog Yoga Stuio & Dog Bar on Super Bowl Sunday & Valentine's Day Weekend. Mountain Pet Rescue's Puppy Bowl Fundraiser will be much like the real thing on Animal Planet, as adoptable puppies will take the field to not only score touchdowns but also the hearts of their furr-ever families. There is a $5 suggested donation to attend. Find additional information here.
For the Angsty Ones:
- My Bloody Valentine's Day Emo Prom. Saturday, Feb. 12, 2022 from 7:00-11:00 PM. Hosted at Hi-Wire Brewing's Event Space, it's an EMO PROM BABY! Bring Yourself, A Date, and Your Top 8! Line your eyes, find your studded belt, and dress up for a dance night of your favorite punk pop songs from the early 2000's. DJ Don Magic will be spinning rock and pop-punk hits from the golden days of the late 90's and early 2000's. They'll have a free digital photobooth with limited $1 polaroids, plus live poems by Eddie Cabbage and specials at the Foothills Local Meats food truck. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- 3rd Annual Cupid is Stupid Car Smashing. Sunday, Feb. 13 from 1:00-4:00 PM. Hosted by Hi-Wire Brewing in their Biltmore Village taproom parking lot, this adrenaline-pupming anti-Valentine's Day activity will have an aggressive, psychedelic, emo rock live soundtrack being played in the background by the band Shutterings. There will be an arsenal of bludgeoning devices available for you to choose from, and you can get 5 hits for $5 or 15 hits for $10. All proceeds go to the Pink Boots Society of North Carolina, an organization created to assist, inspire and encourage women in the beer industry to advance their careers through education.
No advance reservations. You must sign-up in-person on Feb. 13 starting at noon at the check-in table outside the taproom. Time slots will be first come first served. Protective gear will be provided and sanitized between uses. Find additional info here.
- Axe the Ex at Smoky Mountain Axe House. Sunday, Feb. 13 (2:00, 2:30, and 3:00 start times). Established in 2019, this family-friendly and veteran-owned axe house aims to provide a unique and entertianing space for families and friends to get together and "live in the moment. Please note that there are two different locations: one in Maryville, TN & one in Asheville, NC. At the AVL location, they decided to offer an alternative to the typical romantic date this valentine season. Ditch the fancy dinner for two, and instead, bring yourself, a picture, and a friend to let off a little bit of steam towards those ex’s by throwing axes! The price is $15 an hour, and there will be pizza and soda for $5 to help fuel your vexation. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
For the Music Lovers:
- The Winter Concert Series: Classic Rock N' Roll Weekend-Friday, Feb. 11- Saturday Feb.12, 2022 at 7:30 PM. Hosted by the Omni Grove Park Inn, the Classic Rock 'N Roll Weekend will kick off on Friday night with driving sounds of On The Border- The Ultimate Eagles Tribute Band, while Saturday rocks on with the music and nonstop energy of the Chicago Rewired- The Premier Chicago Tribute Band. Find additional information and purchase tickets here.
- Asheville Symphony's Masterworks 2: Roaring Rhapsody-Saturday, Feb.12,2022 at 8:00 P.M. Hosted at the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, this program brings the dream of symphonic music inspired by black songs and spirituals and uniquely American musical tradition. This Valentine's Day Weekend, step into 1920s New York and explore a golden age of orchestral works by black composers (Cook, Dvořák, alongside Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue. Find additional information and reserve your tickets here.
For the Ones Who Deserve to Relax:
- Galentine's Glam + Glow-Sunday, Feb. 20, 2022 from 1:00 PM–4:00 PM. Haiku I Do + The Beauty Boost are coming together for an amazing grl pwr + high vibe Galentines Event PJ Party! Come solo or with your BFF (making new friends is highly encouraged) for the ultimate girl's afternoon. Think pink bubbly drinks & light bites, shopping, valentine making station, and spa stations galore. Grab a bubbly drink, hop into a spa station, and make your very own Valentine for that special someone while shopping local with some of your favorites, and leave feeling totally in love with YOU! Find additional info and purchase tickets here.
- Shoji Spa & Retreat- Asheville's Premier Japanese-Inspired Spa & Retreat offers massage pods, spa packages, and Salt Hydrotherapy Tubs for luxury. Book your service here.
- Wake Foot Sanctuary-Specializing in thoughtfully-formulated herbal soaks and rejuvenating foot massages to de-stress and re-energize, this relaxation sanctuary offers an expansive menu of customizable options to maximize your experience. Book your service here.
- Spa Theology-Located in the heart of downtown Asheville, this urban oasis is dedicated to creating the ultimate spa experience. With locally-inspired treatment offerings and talented local therapists, this all-in-one spa offers massage & body services, facials, waxes, nails, wellness soaks, and plenty of enhancements and add-ons to push your experience over the edge of relaxation. Book your services here.
- Asheville Salt Cave-Boasting the title of Asheville's only salt cave, it is comprised of 20+ tons of pure pink salt from all corners of the earth and is anti-bacterial, uncontaminated by dirt, and is free of toxins and pollutants. During your visit, enjoy a couple’s massage in the salt cave, relax in a zero gravity chair while ambient music plays to help you to drift off into your own meditation, or try out the in-house Hammam to steam, exfoliate and detoxify. Inspired by ancient Turkish & Moroccan bathing traditions, the inside of their newly-built steam room is adorned with vibrant colors, copper basins, and handcrafted tile mosaics! Book your service here.
- Sauna House-Committed to enhancing bathing culture & social wellness, this unique bathhouse brings the ancient practice of communal bathing into the modern world to inspire connection and healing. Discover the mental and physical benefits of Hot/Cold/Relax Therapy and be a part of a collective community of humans looking to take care of themselves, their community, and the planet. Book your service here.
Whether you’re planning to embrace the Valentine’s Day holiday with hearts-in-your-eyes over a romantic dinner for two, enjoy bottomless mimosas with your girls, or sweat it out with a 5K or yoga, Asheville has it all, and Greybeard offers plenty of themed getaway packages and add-ons through our Guest Services to make the trip extra special. Don’t delay in booking your dreamy romantic getaway for 2, luxurious vacay with friends, or a serene solo trip with your pup today!
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Valentine's Day is Better in Asheville
'Cause You Get A Mountain View.