Located 25-35 miles from Asheville and Black Mountain, the community of Lake Lure sits in the heart of the Hickory Nut Gorge in Western North Carolina. Lake Lure rentals provide an excellent option for visitors looking to enjoy water-based activities including canoeing, boating, swimming and fishing. Its proximity is close enough to Asheville's culture, restaurants, breweries and nightlife to be able to easily jump in a car and take the scenic drive and enjoy Asheville or Black Mountain day-trips in between a refreshing time at the lake.
Popular attractions in and around Lake Lure:
- Lake Lure Beach and Water Park is a 3-acre family-friendly mountain lake paradise that is a perfect location for swimming, letting the kids run around and enjoy water wars and a water
slide, or enjoying a picnic.
- Rent a boat from Lake Lure Washburn Marina or take a guided boat tour
- Morse Park is a 23-acre pet-friendly park that offers beautiful views of the Hickory Nut Gorge and is a great spot for a leisurely stroll or run; the park also has tennis courts, a basketball courts, a playground, and gardens
- The historic Lake Lure Flowering Bridge is always a crowd-pleaser, stretching over the Rocky Broad River and routinely decked out with beautiful flowers and gardens
- Don't forget to make it out for a round of golf at the Lake Lure Golf Club and enjoy beautiful views of the Hickory Nut Gorge
- For outdoor enthusiasts, Rumbling Bald is a hot spot for experienced bouldering and rock climbing and avid mountain bikers will not want to miss the 8-mile Weed Patch Mountain Trail which neighbors Buffalo Creek Park
For more detailed info of things to do in Lake Lure, we recommend checking out our Lake Lure guide.
Lake Lure rental locations are also convenient to: