If you're headed to the Asheville area for a romantic vacation, you're headed to the right place. Pick out a few of these activities for you and your special someone to enjoy while staying in one of our romantic cabin or vacation rental getaways!
1. Pack a picnic and find a beautiful spot to enjoy.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great place to start to find your perfect picnic destination. Craggy Gardens picnic area allows you close access to hikes and beautiful views. Try the Craggy Gardens Trail from the north end of the picnic area or the Craggy Gardens Pinnacle Hike. 25 miles south of Asheville is the 5721 foot Mount Pisgah. Mount Pisgah has a large picnic area with tables, grills and restroom facilities. Across the Parkway around the same mile marker (407) is the Pisgah Restaurant where you can grab a glass of wine or beer and take in the view. You can also head to mile marker 355 to enjoy a picnic at the highest mountaintop east of the Mississippi River, Mt. Mitchell.
- Headed to the Biltmore Estate? Bring a blanket and make your way up the hill that is directly across from the house, or for a little more seclusion find a spot along the Deer Park Trail.
- Looking Glass Rock is not a leisurely hike, but the views at the end of its 3 mile and 1700 feet of elevation gain are stunning-- making its rock face a great place to enjoy a picnic.
- For more picnic areas closer to the Black Mountain and Asheville downtowns, head to Pack Square Park in the Asheville city center if you're looking for some calm amidst the lively city, or the Montreat wilderness area and Montreat's Lake Susan for a little quieter spots in close proximity of Black Mountain.
2. Relax at the Battery Park Book Exchange and Champagne Bar.
This classy spot (come dressy or not!) is located in the Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville and includes thousands of new and used books and spots to sit, peruse a book, and enjoy a glass of wine or champagne and a local dessert or cheeseboard. Also, if your pet is with you for this romantic outing, they are certainly welcome too!
3. Get pampered with an afternoon of massage or spa activities.
The Spa at Biltmore Village offers a wonderful couples massage within close proximity of downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate or you can also try Shoji Spa for outdoor hot tub soaks and/or spa packages. Greybeard offers an add-on package that includes a couples massage through The Spa at Biltmore Village in addition to dinner for two and flowers, truffles, and champagne.
4. Check our restaurant and dining recommendations and reserve a romantic dinner for two.
5. Enjoy a cocktail with limitless views of downtown Asheville.
The Asheville SkyBar is a perfect place to sit down and take in the view of the city skyline and mountains.
6. Tour the Biltmore Estate.
The country's largest home welcomes you to explore flawless, spacious rooms, breathtaking views, and the garden and grounds, not to mention the on site winery with free wine tastings.
7. Get inspired with your special someone while viewing local art.
Asheville's downtown district has over 20 art galleries to explore, or you can head over to the River Arts District of Asheville to check out the working studios located in 22 former industrial and historical buildings along the French Broad River.
8. Catch a play at the intimate NC Stage Company, or a film at the Asheville Fine Arts Theatre.
9. Schedule a walking food, dessert, or brewery tour of Black Mountain or Asheville eateries.
Creative Mountain Food Tours offers some fun food tours of Black Mountain and Greybeard guests get a discount (check our app for details)! You can also try Asheville Food Tours to get a taste of Asheville!
10. Taste the wines of Asheville.
One of the closest wineries to Asheville is the Biltmore Winery or you can also head east and visit some other great wineries in Western North Carolina!