A Greybeard Vacation Keeps Style & Safety in Mind
We have been diligent in keeping up with state mandates to ensure the safety of our communities and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we're pleased to share that all counties in our region are now open at this time for short-term rentals. Our employees have also joined the Asheville Cares Pledge and will be wearing face coverings when interacting with guests and members of the public. In addition, frequent hand-washing, physical distancing, and regular employee wellness screenings will take place.
We've optimized our cleaning standards and safety protocols, and we are so excited to welcome you back to your happy place. We have also conveniently narrowed the search on our available vacation rental inventory to help you as you’re planning your next mountain getaway! Below, you'll find even more resources designed to help you navigate your upcoming Greybeard vacation in the new normal while maintaining safety and comfort.
Our Secluded Cabins are the Perfect Vacation Destination
With the number of amenities and features offered in our vacation rentals, we’re hoping the home itself can be a source of solace and entertainment during your stay. Not only do our private homes offer seclusion, but they also offer sensational views in a tranquil setting and the option of bringing your pet along. Make the most of your stay by choosing a home with a grill, fire pit, or hot tub so you can enjoy the fresh mountain air and summer season. You can also choose a cabin perfectly situated beside a creek, river, or lake to cozy up in a hammock with a book. The Blue Ridge Parkway is open, along with many state parks, so you can fit in some hiking on some of Asheville’s best trails.
As of May 22, all restaurants are allowing dine-in service at 50% occupancy which means you can go out to eat, stay in and enjoy takeout from a large selection of local restaurants, or take advantage of the gourmet kitchen at your vacation home to whip up an incredible meal for you and your family. No matter what kind of vacation experience you are looking for, our properties offer plenty of options. From total relaxation to a thirst for adventure, you’re sure to find your vacation sweet spot with Greybeard’s rentals.
Staying Safe Together
As businesses and parks begin to open in Western North Carolina, we ask you to stand with our regional communities by making decisions that will benefit the collective whole moving forward; wearing face masks in public places, practicing social distancing, and washing your hands remain the most viable steps in protecting yourself and others.
We have compiled the resources below to help you plan a safe and memorable getaway with those you love. It’s time to travel somewhere outside of your living room and backyard; treat yourself to a change of scenery and fresh mountain air. For those who are not ready or are unable to travel, we encourage you to check out the virtual experiences in Asheville and Western North Carolina. From museums to music festivals to virtual hikes to yoga classes, you can experience the beauty and resiliency of our region from your home until you’re able to return.
Outdoor Recreation Reopenings:
- French Broad Adventures which includes white water rafting, ziplining, and waterfall canyoneering
- The NC Arboretum public trails
- Chimney Rock with access to Rumbling Bald Trail and Eagle Rock Trail
- Grandfather Mountain
- Lake James State Park
- Mount Mitchell State Park
- Buncombe County public parks (limited hours)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- The Blue Ridge Parkway
- Gorges State Park
- Pisgah National Forest
- DuPont Forest
- Public Playgrounds
- Biltmore's gardens, grounds, and interior house tours (limited capacity)
- Museums and aquariums are open at 50% capacity
- The outdoor parts of amusement parks can operate at 30% capacity.
Food & Drink Reopenings:
- Restaurants and breweries are open at 50% capacity
- Bars can operate outdoors only at 30% capacity or 100 customers, whichever is less.
Entertainment & Cosmetic Reopenings:
- Boutiques and retail stores are open and operating at 50% capacity
- Salons are open at 50% capacity
- Gyms and workout centers are open at 30% capacity
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 can operate at 7% capacity
- Nightclubs and dance halls can operate outdoors only at 30% capacity or 100 customers, whichever is less
- Music halls and venues for live performances can operate at 30% capacity of 100 customers, whichever is less.
- Movie theaters can operate at 30% capacity or 100 customers per movie screening, whichever is less.