11 Dec 2019
The Case for Vacation Rentals
When it comes to selecting lodging for your hard-fought vacation, you have options. The vacation rental accommodation type is one that has gained significant popularity throughout the years and with good reason. Gone are the days where families and friends need to purchase multiple hotel rooms in order to stay comfortably. The vacation rental home offers quite a few benefits over hotels and B&Bs as a lodging option.
- Vacation rental homes in our rental program all have fully stocked kitchens for cooking and serving. Whether you are looking to save a few bucks and avoid eating out for every meal of your vacation, or just want to enjoy the sense of togetherness that comes with enjoying a meal with friends or family, this can be a definite advantage of the vacation home experience
- Cabin and cottage rentals offer a sense of a home away from home so you can feel at ease
- From mountaintop log cabins to in-town bungalows, condos, to creekside cottages -- the variety of options you have in renting a full home is unparalleled. Greybeard Rentals' cabins and cottages are all carefully furnished by individual homeowners and each home has its own personality and a unique feel -- so you will have over 225 choices!
- Vacation rentals offer an affordable option to spread out over multiple separated rooms (and sometimes floors, depending on home size), but still gather in the common areas for meals, around a fireplace or to catch the game on the big screen TV.
- Whole-home rentals offer more privacy than B&Bs and hotels, but even beyond the privacy of homes, guests also have the option of choosing secluded properties
- Many of our Asheville vacation rentals allow you to bring your furry friends along. Greybeard has over 100 dog-friendly vacation rentals, and many even have fenced-in yards so you can let your pups out to play without any worry.
- The amenities that are available in whole-home rentals surpass other accommodation types. For example, we offer over 30 homes with private hot tubs, over 90 homes with mountain views, over 25 homes with a nearby waterfall, over 160 homes with a fireplace....you get the picture.
Why Rent through a Property Management Company?
In the world of vacation rentals, some are loyalists to search sites like Airbnb and Vrbo, but is there any reason to expand your search? We think so. Sure, we're biased, but we'll back it up too. Here are just a few reasons why it can be beneficial for your wallet, sense of well being and security to go directly through a property management company like Greybeard Rentals for your next vacation.
- You're probably paying more if you're not booking directly through a property management company. Sites like Airbnb and Vrbo charge extra service fees and give explanations for the fees like the benefit of added security (the same security we
can offer) and support (which we also offer). Don't get us wrong, many of our homeowners like to list their homes on these networks as well, and they can be a good way to find vacation homes, but we like to advise our guests to book direct next time so they can save a little cash for their time in Asheville in the future.
- We care about our customers. We're in the business of helping people have great vacations -- that means going the extra mile to help our guests have the most memorable vacation possible. We also offer 24/7 on-call emergency service to all of our guests -- so when you misplaced your directions at midnight, we've got you covered.
- It feels good to support local businesses. When you reserve a home through a local property management company like Greybeard, you are supporting the local economy, a local business that is run by local people who really love providing guests with local knowledge...which brings us to our next point..
- Booking with a local company means more access to local knowledge. Greybeard Rentals employs 15 full-time staff members that live in and love Asheville -- that's quite a few people that can tell you the best place to go for doggie daycare, where to secure dinner reservations in Asheville, the best waterfall hike, and that taco food truck that you'll regret missing out on.
- More home options correlate with greater flexibility. At Greybeard, our selection of 225 vacation rentals means you have a wide array of home options for your next vacation. It also means that in the rare instance a water line breaks, we're able to move you to a different home that is not experiencing the same difficulty so you can continue enjoying your vacation. Issues don't happen that much, but when they do, it's nice to know that you're renting with a property management company that has your back and that it won't be on you to scramble to find a new room or home to book on a national travel site.
- Our services are set up for customer satisfaction. We provide professional cleaning and inspections after every reservation, and our reservations team visits every home in our rental program, so you can rest assured that you are speaking a person that knows the home you are renting, rather than someone in a call center that lives on a different side of the country.
- We offer custom vacation packages and can schedule your couples massage, stock your home with local flowers, Biltmore tickets and can also get you discounted tickets to area attractions.
Greybeard Rentals is the largest vacation rental management company in the Asheville area with an inventory of over 225 vacation cabins and rentals, and locations from Asheville, east to Black Mountain and Lake James, south to
Lake Lure and Tryon and north to Burnsville and the Wolf Ridge ski area. We love to welcome guests to Asheville and Western North Carolina. Explore more reasons to book direct, or better yet, start your vacation rental search now.