25 Jan 2020
Asheville is as romantic as it is adventurous. Scenic drives along sunkissed mountain roads, dramatic, long-range mountain views, romantic historical estates, gourmet dining, and a lively event calendar- Asheville has a little something for everyone to enjoy. Added bonus for 2020: Valentine’s weekend rolls into President’s Day giving you an extra long week to adore and explore all of what Asheville has to offer. Here’s our Asheville Valentine’s Day Bucket List for 2020:
- Galentine’s Day Chocolate Pairing Flights at Mica Town Brewing in downtown Marion. On Thursday, February 13th from 4-10 pm, grab your best girl friends and come out for this chocolate and beer pairing event, featuring four carefully crafted pairings from local brewers and chocolatiers.
- Lazoom’s Kiss My Axe Bus Tour is the comedy bus tour we all know and love but transformed into the Anti-Valentine’s Day activity of our dreams. On February 13th, hop on board for unlimited champagne and live music by FWUIT as you head over to Axeville Throwing Club for an hour of ax throwing (no ax-throwing experience necessary).
- Laugh along with 12 of Asheville’s best up and coming comics at The Orange Peel’s Love, Hate, and Standup Comedy Revue on February 13th from 8-11:30 pm.
- Explore the Biltmore Estate- one of America’s most iconic and romantic locales. Couples should schedule a tour of the house, explore the idyllic gardens, sample award-winning wines, enjoy a 5-star cuisine, and check out the equally romantic Downton Abbey exhibition (running now through April).
- Bold Rock Cider’s Valentine's Day Steal the Pint event on February 14th. Bold Rock will be giving away a free ‘Apple of my Eye’ pint glass with the purchase of any 16oz Bold Rock beverage. They’ll also be showing Sleepless in Seattle on the jumbo screen.
- Weather permitting take a scenic drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Enjoy unbelievable winter views from numerous overlooks and trails along the parkway. February often has beautiful days with mild temperatures- perfect for mid-winter picnics. Asheville’s The Rhu has five picnic basket options to choose from, which include beer and wine selections. Grab your basket and head up to the parkway to enjoy a romantic picnic at Craggy Gardens, Mt Mitchell, or Max Patch.
- Relax with a Valentine’s Day Restorative Foot Massage at Asheville Salt Caves. Enjoy the invigorating salt air of the salt cave. Receive a 20-minute foot massage inside the salt cave, along with a full 45-minute cave session. Each session also includes fruit, chocolates, tea, and a small gift.
- A Motown Loveday Throwdown at One World Brewing in West Asheville. From 9 to midnight on February 14th, come out dressed in your nicest whites, blacks, reds, or pinks and dance out to best Motown tunes to set Valentine’s night mood.
- On Valentine’s Day, Asheville’s own Ashley Heath and Her Heathens will be performing at Pisgah Brewing in Black Mountain. This Americana/Rock band is one of Asheville’s best bands and was the winner of the Merlefest Band Competition in 2018. The show starts at 8 pm and is free.
- If Cupid was less than generous with you this year, you’ll want to check out Hi-Wire Brewing’s Anti-Valentine’s Day Cupid is Stupid car smashing event. For $5 you get to hit a car 5 times with a sledgehammer. Rage out from 4-7 pm on Valentine’s Day at Hi-Wire’s Big Top location in Biltmore Village.
- Is there anything more romantic than dinner and a show? Make your dinner reservations at Zambra, a Mediterranean-style tapas and wine bar. The mood lighting, high-quality Spanish wines, and a variety of delicious sharable cuisines set the tone for a bewitching night out. After dinner head across the street to the North Carolina Stage Company for their production of Jeeves Saves the Day, running January 29th through February 23rd. “Bertie finds himself suffering the slings and arrows of misfortune at the hands of his relatives, caught between the magisterial machinations of his fierce Aunt Agatha and the plaintive pleadings of his Cousin Egbert. An imperious Sir Roderick Glossop and his daughter add to another priceless predicament calling upon the redoubtable Jeeves to save the day.”
- Come out for Valentine’s Day trifecta at Up Country Brewing for their Chocolate, Beer, and Rom Com Night. Upcountry will be pairing their house draft beer with delicious desserts and showing Hitch and 6 pm, followed by How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days at 8 pm. There’s no cover charge, and chocolate and beer flights begin at 5 pm.
- Straight out of a Hallmark movie, 12 Bones Brewing’s Valentine’s Night Cookie Decorating event is perfect for your Valentine’s date or your Galentine’s crew! Learn the art of decorating sugar cookies with Jackie from Three Eggs Cakery of Asheville. This sweet event starts at 6:30pm and attendees will also enjoy delicious beer and BBQ.
- What happens in AsheVegas, stays in AsheVegas at the third Annual Fake Mass Wedding at Fleetwoods. Fleetwoods is Asheville’s only “Vegas-style wedding chapel”. When it’s not faking weddings and giving your family a heart attack, it’s also a vintage shop, bar, and music venue. The event wedding package includes a mass ceremony conducted by a local comedian, a Fleetwood's "Fake as Hell" marriage certificate, blinking wedding rings, wedding reception with a Champagne toast, and DJ dance party to follow until 2 am! Everyone is welcome to view the ceremony and enjoy the festivities and "wedding reception" for free.
- Urban Orchard Cider Company will host a 90’s Valentine’s Dance Party at their South Slope location on February 14th from 8pm-midnight. Bring a date or don’t- this event is all about our love affair with the ’90s.
Schedule your Valentine’s Day weekend trip to Asheville with Greybeard. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway for 2 or an epic singles awareness vacay with your friends, we have what you’re looking for. Check out all of our Valentine’s Day Specials and save 20% on select rentals.