09/04/2020 - 1:00pm to 10/31/2020 - 1:00pm
Enjoy a wide range of delightful events in October ranging from Oktoberfest gatherings to autumn car shows.
- Semptemer 4-7: The North Carolina Apple Festival in Hendersonville covers eight blocks of Main Street with more than 200 vendors. The festival includes continuous live musical entertainment, arts & crafts, apple products, special exhibits, food, and the King Apple Parade.The festival is free to attend, and pets are not allowed.
- September 11-20: The North Carolina Mountain State Fair - more than 180,000 people attend the 10-day event that celebrates WNC's people, agriculture, art and tradition. It's fun for all ages, with plenty of exhibits, animals, food, rides, and more. There are also a number of discount days and ticket specials to consider before choosing when to attend.
- September 26: The 21st annual Autumn in the Mountains Car Show will include more than 100 classic, exotic sports cars. Registration opens July 1, and attendance is free to the public.
- October 14: The Venardos Circus, Broadway-style circus tour to perform at the Asheville Outlets. Created by former Ringing Bros. Ringmaster Kevin Venardos. The show will run until November 1.
- October 3: The 12th annual Asheville Oktoberfest in Pack Square Park will feature a variety of beer, wine, cider, and spirit samples from 20 breweries as well as a variety of games, Polka music, and German staples like bratwurst, pretzels, and traditional sides.
- October 9-10: Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest - tickets include a stein, live music, German-inspired dinner, first beer or soft pretzel and free shuttles from Asheville & Hendersonville.
- October 17: Tales of the Trails -a unique, guided night hike that is fun for the whole family. Groups of 20 – 25 people will be led along a lighted, half-mile loop trail to meet costumed animal characters and receive fun giveaways. This festive event will also include music, crafts, and a campfire with s’mores. Tickets will be available starting May 1.
- October dates TBA: The Haunted Trail at Pisgah Brewery - The Haunted Trail at Pisgah Brewery features festive family fun for children ages 3-12 as they walk through a haunted trail with spooky sounds and spectacular props. $1 from each ticket goes to local school's PTA or PTO of your choice.