09/04/2020 - 1:00pm to 10/31/2020 - 1:00pm
Enjoy a wide range of delightful events in October ranging from Oktoberfest gatherings to autumn car shows.
- Semptemer 4-7: The North Carolina Apple Festival in Hendersonville covers eight blocks of Main Street with more than 200 vendors. The festival includes continuous live musical entertainment, arts & crafts, apple products, special exhibits, food, and the King Apple Parade.The festival is free to attend, and pets are not allowed. Please note that while the festival is still being held, there are some major activities that have been cancelled due to COVID 19.
- September 10-19, 2021: The North Carolina Mountain State Fair - more than 180,000 people attend the 10-day event that celebrates WNC's people, agriculture, art and tradition. It's fun for all ages, with plenty of exhibits, animals, food, rides, and more. There are also a number of discount days and ticket specials to consider before choosing when to attend. Please note the 2020 event was cancelled.
- September 19, 2020: Catawba Brewing is bringing Oktoberfest to you this year by partnering with Chop Shop and Fermenti to create an Oktoberfest Box that you can enjoy at home. Tickets are $50, and all boxes must be picked up between 11am-2pm at Catawba Brewing Company South Slope location on September 19th. Prost!
- September 26, 2021: The 21st annual Autumn in the Mountains Car Show will include more than 100 classic, exotic sports cars. Registration opens July 1, and attendance is free to the public. Please note the 2020 event was cancelled.
- October 14: The Venardos Circus, Broadway-style circus tour to perform at the Asheville Outlets. Created by former Ringing Bros. Ringmaster Kevin Venardos. The show will run until November 1. Please note this event is currently on hold for 2020.
- October 3: The 12th annual Asheville Oktoberfest in Pack Square Park will feature a variety of beer, wine, cider, and spirit samples from 20 breweries as well as a variety of games, Polka music, and German staples like bratwurst, pretzels, and traditional sides.
- October 9-10, 2021: Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest - tickets include a stein, live music, German-inspired dinner, first beer or soft pretzel and free shuttles from Asheville & Hendersonville. Please note the 2020 event is a virtual Haus Party that will take place on September 19. Additional info can be found here.
- October 17: Tales of the Trails -a unique, guided night hike that is fun for the whole family. Groups of 20 – 25 people will be led along a lighted, half-mile loop trail to meet costumed animal characters and receive fun giveaways. This festive event will also include music, crafts, and a campfire with s’mores.
- October 9 & 10, 16 & 17, 22-25: The Haunted Trail at The Adventure Center of Asheville - This event is perfect if you're looking for festive family fun for children ages 3-12. You and your family walk through a haunted trail with spooky sounds and spectacular props. $1 from each ticket goes to MANNA Food Bank, as they feed WNC by saying BOO To Hunger.