Mountain Mural Tours was created by Krista Stearns, a long-time Asheville entrepreneur inspired to share her hometown’s eclectic culture with visitors and locals interested in our thriving art community. Over the course of two decades in Asheville, Stearns has observed the sleepy mountain town transform into a booming tourist destination. She created Mountain Mural Tours to promote healthy tourism that honors and celebrates local artists who communicate the values and legacy of Asheville through accessible urban street art.
The tour is approximately 2 hours and travels through the River Arts District, Downtown, and West Asheville and showcases an amazing collection of murals, graffiti, and street art installations. You’ll learn about the creators’ stories and inspirations, local history, and the community businesses that have made Asheville a national tourist destination.
- Guided tour of Asheville Urban Art on the Mountain Mural Mobile
- Actual History of Asheville
- Get to know the artists and businesses that have made Asheville a great destination.
- Recommendations for things to see and do in WNC
What's not Included:
- Food or beverage
- Cash! You will want to tip the guides that gave you a great experience.
If you're looking for an authentic and meaningful cultural experience, bring your friends and family to paint the town on this unique mural tour! Find additional information and book your tour here.