07/03/2019 - 7:00pm to 07/04/2019 - 7:00pm
There are so many ways to celebrate the 4th of July while staying in the Black Mountain, Marion, Lake Lure, Montreat and the Asheville area!
- A longstanding tradition is the Montreat Parade which takes place at 10:30 a.m. on the 4th of July
- Downtown Asheville hosts its main Independence Day Celebration at Pack Square Park. The fun begins at 2 p.m. Children's activities include Splashville and a bouncy house from 2-6 p.m. Fireworks are set off closer to 9:30 p.m. Bring your own chair or picnic blanket. 10+ food trucks are available as well as beer, wine and cider.
- South Asheville hosts its own fireworks display at Lake Julian between 9-9:30 on the 4th. Bring a lawn chair and blanket and sit along the lake. Visitors can park across the street at Estes Elementary School on Long Shoals Road and take the free shuttle from 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Black Mountain fireworks can be viewed in various locations around town. The Swannanoa Valley Museum also hosts a Fireworks Hike to view the display from the mountaintop. Festivities in town begin around 7 p.m.
- The town of Marion will have a 4th of July parade at 6 p.m. which will be followed by street dance, live music at 7 p.m., and fireworks at 9:45 p.m. Food vendors available as well
- At Lake Lure, fireworks will happen on July 3rd at Morse Park. On the 4th, Rumbling Bald Resort has a fireworks display for guests, but these fireworks can also be enjoyed from the lake area.